After reading Hack Library School’s post about library student resolutions, I figure I should make a few of my own.
- Get good grades. I’ve been doing well with this thus far, yes thus. Got two A’s for the fall semester. Toot, toot!
- Learn the new job. My new library associate job starts in a week so there’s a lot to learn, but I need to allow myself to make mistakes too and not set expectations for myself that are unreasonable.
- Attend a library conference. I need to pass out some of these cute business card I bought. Actually, conferences are great ways to get a feel of what the current issues are in libraries, along with professional development and networking.
- YouTube! One of the classes I took in the fall made me see the lack of programing available specifically for LGBTQ teens and I had the idea of doing a storytime on YouTube that focused on queer lit, so I need to stop thinking about it and do it.
- Continue highly textured. I miss featuring library folks on my blog. I need to hustle harder to find people to share with y’all. I also thought I could extend it to writers too, so I have more people to ask. Ooo, and what about highly textured patrons?
Have you set any resolutions for yourself? Library or otherwise?