1. Rex Wrecks It! by Ben Clanton (Picture book).
2. And Two Boys Booed by Judith Viorst (Picture book).
3. “Strange Lands” by Roxane Gay (Essay).
4. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami (Novel/audiobook).
5. Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine (Poetry).
6. “Junot Díaz on Fukuoka, Japan’s Next Great Food City” by Junot Díaz (Online article).
7. “Poet Claudia Rankine ruminates on the body politic in ‘Citizen‘” by David Ulin (Online article).
8. “Blackness Visible” by Johnathan Farmer (Online article).
9. I am Jazz! by Jessica Herthel (Picture book).
10. “Black Moon Imagines A Sleepless American Nightmare” by Jason Heller (Book review).
11. Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems (Easy reader).
12. I Broke My Trunk by Mo Willems (Easy reader).
13. “Beyond Category: Unpacking Octavia Butler” by Natalie Russell (Online article).