1. “Shadowshaper Carries Forward the Legacy of Walter Dean Myers” by Stacia L. Brown (Online article).
2. The Housekeeper and The Professor by Yoko Ogawa (Novel).
3. “A Grandfather’s Postcard Poems” by (Online article).
4. “Mat Johnson On ‘Loving Day’ And Life As A ‘Black Boy’ Who Looks White” by Mat Johnson and Terry Gross (Interview).
5. “Kirkus Review of Shadowshaper” by Gordon West (Online article).
6. “Gregory Pardlo: The Poem as Pursuit” by Erica Wright (Interview).
7. The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi Jackson (Novel).
8. “On Being a Person of Color in an MFA Program” by Justina Ireland (Blog).
9. Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older (YA novel).
10. “Quentin Miller Denies Ghostwriting for Drake” by Big Homie (Online article).
11. “On the Death of Sandra Bland and Our Vulnerable Bodies” by Roxane Gay (Online article).
12. “Interest in People Brings Diversity to Pitt Professor’s Award Winning Poetry” by Terrance Hayes (Online article).
13. Ellie by Mike Wu (Picture book).
14. Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña (Picture book).
15. “Runway Blackout” by Tara Betts (Short story).
16. “The Token Superhero” by David F. Walker (Short story).
17. “Revolution Shuffle” by Bao Phi (Short story).
18. “Why It Is Okay To Be Distracted By Something That Isn’t Death” by Hanif Abdurraqib (Online article).
19. “Samuel Delany and the Past and Future of Science Fiction” by Peter Bebergal (Online article).
20. I read a lot of different poems during the Hurston/Wright Writer’s Week, like 20+ (and it was such a great experience).