I’ve seen a lot of summer reading lists, but I haven’t seen many that focus strictly on poetry. Quite naturally, I had to create one myself.
1. Citizen: An American Lyric, by Claudia Rankine.
2. The BreakBeat Poets, edited by Kevin Coval, Quraysh Ali Lansana, and Nate Marshall.
5. Lighting the Shadow, by Rachel Eliza Griffiths.
6. Digest, by Gregory Pardlo.
7. Thrall, by Natasha Trethewey.
8. What We Ask of Flesh, by Remica L. Bingham.
Leaving it at nine because everyone does ten. 🙂
I’ve read 1,3, and 4 on this list already, and hope to read at least two more before the summer is done. I tried to pick books that were published in 2015 (or 2014), but hit a wall. Which ones did I miss?